Job Description
Job Title:  Senior Coordinator, Business Operations
Division:  Molecular and Human Genetics
Work Arrangement: 
Location:  Hybrid within Greater Houston, TX
Salary Range :  $54,950 - $63,723
FLSA Status:  Nonexempt


The Senior Coordinator will serve as the administrative assistant to multiple faculty members. He/she will assist faculty and staff with day-to-day lab operations such as travel, calendaring and reimbursements. This role will include monitoring grant budgets and assisting with progress reports, sub-awards, and various other compliances. Some knowledge of BCM and federal and state grant policies and procedures is helpful.


Position offers the flexibility of a hybrid work arrangement.

Job Duties

25% of the position will be assisting clinical faculty and the other 75% will be assisting research faculty.

  • Manages appointment requests, process travel requests and reimbursements through Concur and process all orders for several labs.
  • Reviews cost distributions of faculty and lab staff to ensure personnel effort are appropriately sourced on sponsored programs.
  • Creates and submit financial reports, progress reports, prior-approvals, no cost extensions, carry forwards, effort, compliance, etc.
  • Works with MH Genetics HR and Finance teams to submit position requests and monitor grant accounts.
  • Manages the printing and assembling of scientific meeting materials such as posters may be required as well as the creation and preparation of educational materials for teaching courses. 
  • Assists faculty members with preparing budgets for grant submissions as well as the administrative portion of the grant application.

Minimum Qualifications

  • High School diploma or GED.
  • Four years of relevant experience.

Preferred Qualifications

  • Bachelor's Degree.
  • Prior research experience or experience in higher education. 
  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
  • Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
  • Ability to work in a deadline environment and multitask. 



Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.




Requisition ID:  18612